It Should be the Focus of Generation X, Y and Z
Becoming an independent, free agent entrepreneur is rapidly becoming a focus of millions of contemporary Americans from corporate baby boomers moving from misery toward Meaning and money at midlife. The independent Gen X & Y with their “Yo Yo – You’re On Your Own Career Model”, since few suitable jobs are out there to embrace them.
Take the following quiz to see how you fit:
FREE AGENT/ENTREPRENEUR CHARACTERISTICS INDICATOR
(Extracted from full 100 Characteristics Indicator)**
Indicate how true the following statements are about you by placing the corresponding number in the blank by each numbered statement, using the following scale:
- NOT AT ALL
- QUITE WELL
- Need to feel a strong sense of control over my own destiny.
- Have foresight and commitment to work toward these long-term future goals.
- Have firm belief in my ability to achieve my goals.
- See myself as an over-comer with a high level of tenacity and determination.
- Know how to build on successes and learn from failures.
- Tolerate frustration and ambiguity.
- Deal successfully with modest to high levels of uncertainty and job insecurity.
- Have the knowledge and/or technical skills in my field for building a business.
- Have a healthy respect for making and managing money.
- Have a close family member who has owned his/her own business.
- Have a clear vision – a purpose – a plan to create and implement.
- Take only calculated risks, though others tend to see me as a risk-taker.
- Do not fit in a conventional, traditional organization.
- Have a knack for spotting new ideas, concepts, and coming needs.
- Control over my time and choices are important to me.
______ TOTAL SCORE
According to the literature, the higher you score on the indicator, the more traits you have in common with entrepreneurs.
|Range = 60-75||(high) Indicates strong free agent/entrepreneurial characteristics.|
|Range = 45-60||(moderate)|
|Range = Under 45||(low) Think carefully before going out on your own.|
** For the complete Entrepreneur Characteristics Indicator List please refer to pages 170-174 in my book, Don’t Stop the Career Clock: Rejecting the Myths of Aging for a New Way to Work in the 21st Century. Contact me with your thinking.