With over 575 million users, LinkedIn has quickly become one of the most powerful career tools of our time. The average LinkedIn user spends 17 minutes on the site per month and every day this number is growing. Here are 3 compelling reasons why YOU should begin spending more time each week on LinkedIn.
1. You likely have more than Half a Million connections at your finger tips.
If you are connected to 500 people on LinkedIn, then you have direct access to over 500,000 people in your network. Wild, right!? When you learn how to use LinkedIn’s robust search features and authentically reach out, LinkedIn becomes one of the most effective ways to connect with target companies, employers, and clients.
2. LinkedIn is the #1 Social Network for Lead Generation.
LinkedIn is the best platform for finding new leads. Hubspot found that LinkedIn is 277% more effective at generating leads than the other leading platforms. In fact, 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn! Build a network of authentic connections, and when the time comes, you will have a powerful base for growing your client base.
3. LinkedIn is a critical part of landing a new job.
The stats on landing a job through LinkedIn are astounding. Check it out:
- 35.5 million people cite they have been hired by a person they connected with on LinkedIn
- 70% of all jobs are found through networking. The more quality connections you have on LinkedIn, the more opportunities you have to hear about new positions.
- There are over 20 million open job listings from over 30 million companies.
- Roughly 122 million people have received job interviews through LinkedIn.
- 87% of recruiters cite they check out candidates on LinkedIn, more than any other social media platform.
- Job Applicants With a ‘Comprehensive’ LinkedIn Profile are 71% More Likely to Get an Interview.
Regardless of your current career or what you hope to do next, LinkedIn is a great place to market yourself and build quality career connections. To learn more about LinkedIn and how to use the platform, join our upcoming “How to Really Use LinkedIn” Webinar.
Hollis Roberts, Certified LinkedIn Profile Expert, will teach:
- LinkedIn’s role in today’s career space
- How to organically grow a quality LinkedIn network
- How to search for careers, clients, and connections like a pro
- Tips and tricks for making the most of your time on LinkedIn
Learn more about Hollis Roberts