Career Planning and Adult Development Journal
We are happy to present this issue of the journal dedicated to the baby boomer generation now beginning to enter their 65th year of life, with Guest Editor Helen Harkness of Career Design Associates, Garland, Texas. Helen has now contributed guest editorship to two consecutive issues of the Journal in the same year, for which we are grateful! A hearty thank you, Helen!
Our strong thanks go also to the authors of these excellent articles about Golden Boomers.
The above comments are excerpted from the preface of Career Planning and Adult Development Journal (Summer 2010) managing editor Steven E. Beasley. Each link below will take you to an individual article from the issue.
The entire issue is accessible here in PDF format.
- Chapter 1: Retirement is an Obsolescent Concept by Andy Hines
- Chapter 2: Life After Corporate America by Anonymous
- Chapter 3: Mentoring Emerging Generations by Dale Howe
- Chapter 4: Valuable Time, Spent Valuably by Diane DiSimone
- Chapter 5: Resolving the Baby Boomer Conundrum by Eleanor Latimer
- Chapter 6: Boomers, Escape from Your Bubble! by Judy Feld
- Chapter 7: Starting Again at Sixty by Kittie Beletic
- Chapter 8: Life as we Know it is Over; Time to Start Living by Paul Mayer
- Chapter 9: Life Begins at 70 by Ross Vick
- Chapter 10: Career Development for a Very Long Life by Verne Wheelwright
- Chapter 11: Re-Careering is Replacing Retirement by Helen Harkness
Thank you to all of the clients and friends who helped with this issue!